Thursday, April 12, 2012

Douce Amere by Serge Lutens: A Predetermined Fate Met

Douce Amère has always been among my favourite Serge Lutens fragrances. It was with a surprised excalamation that I had learned that it would be relegated from the export oblong bottles to the exclusive circuit in Parisian bell jar bottles. I had announced the info I had leaned 2 years ago. It took that long for my info to cross over into tangible reality. But it did in the end. Obviously there was a huge stock of export bottles of Douce Amère that needed to be cleared first. Those of you who had stocked up, you can feel all smug now.

If you have been questioning the accuracy of these "rumours" I had provided some photo evidence of what was about to be done ~again that was about 2 years ago. For now, only 2 out of 4 have materialised. But the photo of the bell jar bottles in all those scents discussed had came from an official source...

2 comments:

  1. I think Douce Amère really fits in the exclusive collection, like Chypre Rouge. Santal Blanc and Rousse will always be, to me, "beige collection" entries.

    I am always happy to see an exclusive joining the export line for a limited period of time , but I'm a bit uncomfortable the other way around. Don't know why ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AB,

    not difficult to understand how an export joining the exclusives leaves a weird taste in the mouth. It's not easy to accept something one had ready access to becomes more hard to get.

    I always loved Douce Amere and found it one of the most understated and underrated in the Lutens line. It did fit the exclusive collection as it was so melancholic fora vanillic fragrance; which is of course why I love it so! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Type your comment in the box, choose the Profile option you prefer from the drop down menu, below text box (Anonymous is fine too!) and hit Publish.
And you're set!

This Month's Popular Posts on Perfume Shrine