Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Chanel in the Power of Two

Not one but two dedicated articles with gorgeous images of older and newer advertisements of Chanel perfumes are making an appearance on Fragrance.About.com

via vasilisa/goodfon.su

The first one tracks and reviews a top 5 of Chanel classics (excluding the largely unknown ones to the average consumer, I'm afraid, we will revert to that later on) and is posted on this link.

The second one tracks and reviews 5 contemporary, popular Chanel perfumes which are loosely inspired by other Chanel fragrances and puts them in their contextual position. You can find it on this link. Enjoy browsing! Related reading on PerfumeShrine.com : Chanel news & fragrance reviews

6 comments:

  1. Miss Heliotrope03:10

    Well, I (we - including Monsieur) own two from the first list - #19 & said blokey one. & none from the second. How old must I be? Or is it just my nose? Mind you, Monsieur found & purchased his all by himself, as he wandered about the shop bored while I played with perfumes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got a monsieur with an unusual nose and lucky you! 9I have one too for myself).

      Delete
  2. Spot on description as usual. I wonder what's the fate of pour monsieur with all the IFRA oakmoss restrictions. In any case, Chanel long ago stopped selling pour monsieur here in the US, occupying the precious department store shelf space only with the concentree version (plus the various Allure iterations).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The atranol surgically lean oakmoss is fine for use. If Guerlain went to such lengths to salvage Mitsouko then Chanel could do too. I know about the disproportionate distribution of various Chanels in the US vs. Europe; it's a bit weird, but I think it boils down to the market's taste, not regulations. At least from what I know so far.

      Delete
  3. I use both Antaeus and Pour Monsieur (as well as Guerlain's Vetiver). There is something quite lovely about them and I must say, I really don't get why some people think it's odd that I wear them. Best Beloved bought some for me and told me later that it totally confused the salesgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think why anyone would find it odd. You shouldn't tell them anyway, since they're prejudiced. I wear a LOT of Antaeus and Guerlain's Vetiver myself; they're gorgeous, full stop. Your best beloved sounds like a real catch, I might add! Γοοδ φορ υοθ.

    ReplyDelete

Type your comment in the box, choose the Profile option you prefer from the drop down menu, below text box (Anonymous is fine too!) and hit Publish.
And you're set!

This Month's Popular Posts on Perfume Shrine