Friday, May 24, 2013

L'Artisan Parfumeur Amour Nocturne, Deliria, Skin on Skin: new fragrances in Explosion d'Emotions collection

This September, L’Artisan Parfumeur launches Explosions d’Emotions, a thrilling new collection of Eaux de Parfum. Faithful to the vision of its founder, Monsieur Laporte, the cult Parisian perfume house sets a new standard with three exceptional fragrances. Three concepts, translating the extraordinary emotional power of fragrance, created without compromise, with master perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour.


 According to the official blurb the collection includes:

AMOUR NOCTURNE

the intimacy of the night Infinite tenderness becomes ecstasy. Live a moment of sublime intimacy... Cedar, surrounded by soothing notes of hot milk and caramel, gives way to a powerful burst of gunpowder, and orchid. An explosion of love, beyond time and place.

DELIRIA

exhilaration of the senses
Prepare to be thrilled. Your senses will be shaken into a delicious blur. Déliria is the fantastic contrast between metallic, rhum and gourmand notes of toffee apple and candy floss. Top and base notes lose themselves in the heart of the fragrance in a dizzying cloud.

SKIN ON SKIN

a wanton embrace
Skin on Skin awakens our animalistic instincts...to touch, to get closer, to smell. It merges a sensual iris with a suede, velvet leather. The intertwining of saffron, whisky, lavender and rose, melts into musks and skin effects. A carnal creation to be used without moderation.

The new packaging is inspired by the aesthetic codes of L’Artisan Parfumeur; a harmony of luxurious materials: – sensual, thickly-textured white paper with original debossed motifs; precious metals; a beautifully facetted glass flacon. L’Artisan Parfumeur is proud to be ‘Made in France’, of its artisanal attention to detail, and, naturally, of ‘le luxe à la française’; the union of simplicity and sophistication.

PRODUCTS: Three Eaux de Parfum 125ml
LAUNCH DATE: Early September 2013
Available in L’Artisan Parfumeur boutiques, concessions and website.
RRP: £135

11 comments:

  1. Hard to understand how they'll smell like from the publicity blurb - other than they sound sweet.

    But how much stuff does Duchafour get out?

    cacio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17:46

    I have to say, I felt my stomach lurch when I read the lists of notes. These sound too boozy/sweet/jarring to me. I think I'll give them a miss.... The new bottles are pretty, though.
    -M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous18:04

    I hope to sample these when available.

    However, Duchaufour creations usually do not work on with my chemistry.

    I always hold out hope though.

    Amour Nocturne sounds good.

    Have a great weekend dear.

    xo

    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are not appealing to me at all! looks like duchafour has jumped on the icky-sweet bandwagon...gunpowder & caramel & milk? metallic, rum, candy floss, & toffee apple? only the third sounds remotely appealing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what their sillage will be like for this house just goes "poof" on my skin ..... now this may be a good thing Helg! LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skin on Skin sounds enticing. Not sure abt the gunpowder note in Amour Nocturn..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous01:20

    These all sound interesting, to some degree. The lasting power is not long, but I do like to wear Safran Troublant to my yoga class ... even though you're not supposed to wear fragrance to yoga. Still, it's subtle, and the saffron/rose thing is very Indian dessert ... like gulab jamun.

    Marsi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is all very interesting, dear E. Some friends were chatting online about it after a meet and greet with one of the L'Artisan VPs. I don't know how I feel about these after just reading about them on paper. The bottles are nice -- same or similar as the bottles of their 'parfums d'ambience' I think. But 125ml size? Why? I'm just not sure how these will go over, and it's hard to tell what place L'Artisan has in the perfume universe now that there are just so many (too many!) houses and launches all the time. Again, thanks for the news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Annina in that some parts of the description sound almost delicious and then they throw in an odd combination of words like dizzying and gunpowder. Not sure if this is supposed to add an edgy element to it or not. I will say they all seem genuinely attractive in their own unique way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been getting more and more tired of this name with each new release. Many of the most acclaimed and publicized Duchaufour creations are repeated themes and some even are less than technically immaculate. Same tricks and structure over and over. When someone is this acclaimed you expect more than an ok frag. Smelling good is not enough. I need to be transported. Lets hope that one of these can do it, although the descriptions seem to set the bar too high.

    ReplyDelete
  11. amberlady07:47

    I am new to Shrine and I had my own lightning strike when I read the article about the nexus between
    L'air du Temps and Fidji,(my 2 fave fragrances) and Charlie, a notion I had suspected since the
    70's. But what about Babe, that comet of the late 70's. Was I right in detecting some compositional link back to L'Air?
    Anyone else agree?

    ReplyDelete

Type your comment in the box, choose the Profile option you prefer from the drop down menu, below text box (Anonymous is fine too!) and hit Publish.
And you're set!

This Month's Popular Posts on Perfume Shrine