Saturday, December 10, 2016

L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two: fragrance review

Serious tea drinkers, as opposed to recreational ones, fall into two main categories: lovers of the inkiest, most tannic, smoky blends on the one hand, and the ultra-refined amateurs of floral-tinged varieties on the other. Tea for Two falls neatly into the cult obsession of the first group, people in search of a jolt of adrenaline thanks to the Lapsang Souchong tea variety felt all the way through, but also with the secret need for a comforting gingerbread man biscuit on the side. 

via

It's easy to picture Tea for Two on a bohemian, intelligent type who frequents libraries and smoking joints where important matters are discussed, because the complex mix of tobacco, aniseed and cinnamic vanilla is inextricably tied to a certain image in our minds. We all fell in love with someone like that at high school. Some of us still have this happen to us. Tea for Two tags at once at the unrequited longing and consoles for its loss. What could be more addictive?

6 comments:

  1. I like "Tea for Two" as sort of an editorial fragrance. Very interesting but "to cool" for me. I am a vehement non-smoking anti-smoker..."Tea for Two's" tea and gingerbread vibe is underscored heavily with cigarette smoke for me and that makes it unwearable. This reminds me of the girl in high school who dated MEN, wore a black leather jacket and rimmed her eyes in black kohl. She rarely showed up to class, and when she did she came unprepared. All the boys loved her and all the girls wanted to be her(sort of). Definitely an interesting creation, albeit not for little old me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough I'm no smoker and yet I appreciate some of the ambience of a smoking joint. I haven't noticed too much stale smoke in Tea for Two which is usually the unpleasant bit for most people. I suppose Jasmin and Cigarette (which is 100% accurate to what it says on the tin) would be totally off your ballpark! But your simile is spot on. You just brought up the feminine equivalent. There's a bit of danger and intellectual arrogance combined in this sort of fragrances.

      Thanks for commenting on Perfume Shrine!

      Delete
  2. it's indeed such a beautiful complex concotion, smokey and comforting at the same time. A very intellectual journey! I am loving it, and I wear it on special moments when I feel a bit "strange and otherworldy"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it's found a very welcoming home chez too Alexandra!! Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. No other perfume smells like "Tea for Two". It is truly very different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I think of it the more I agree with you. :)

      Delete

Type your comment in the box, choose the Profile option you prefer from the drop down menu, below text box (Anonymous is fine too!) and hit Publish.
And you're set!

This Month's Popular Posts on Perfume Shrine