Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Editor's Picks and Miss Popularity Perfumes of 2015

There are two schools of thought in shortlisting the most impressive products of the fragrance industry for the past year. One is amassing the popular-by-vote fragrances, the ones which most people wore and bought and searched for; this makes for very interesting reading, especially since these don't always include solely 2015 releases, much like we match last season's jupe-culotte with this season's blanket scarf. The industry would be wise to listen to.
And the other is addressing a panel of experts and perfume aficionados to name their own picks for the best perfume releases of the past year; a sort of Top 2015 Perfumes. Luckily for us, someone did the legwork for both.


Fragrantica has kept the tradition and has compiled, thanks to its impressive database data (over half a million of archived reviews, thousands of dedicated members) a concise and internationally relevant compilation of the most talked about and worn perfumes for 2015. You can the article on this link and you can also read the rationale of how the results are sorted out.

The second approach, Editor's Choice 2015 Perfumes, can be accessed here. You will find the top 3 picks of yours truly, alongside a pleiad of dedicated perfume lovers who also post their top 3 choices. Please hop over to find out and do search on Perfume Shrine for dedicated reviews of two of my choices (will revert to the other one shortly).

And please share your own discoveries, most worn perfumes or best fragrance releases for 2015 in the comments. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's opinion. 

11 comments:

  1. Now I don't just want some of the perfume, I want ALL of the perfume!
    Thank you for the collective Editors' list; it is great. I noted only one perfume making an appearance twice, I believe.
    I shall look for your in-depth reviews!
    jean xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are actually 4 perfumes making it twice in the collective editor's list: L'Extase (Nina Ricci), Idylwild (Ineke), Iris Cendre (Naomi Goodsir) and Rose of No Man's Land (Byredo), I believe. I know most are niche though.
      Makes for some hunting around.

      Delete
  2. In my opinion Emozione by Salvatore Ferragamo it's a nice floral elegant and feminine perfume that i dicovered this year. I must admit that Le jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermes is gorgeous, i found it different from others perfumes because that's how i imagine the smell of an asiatic garden :). Aqua Divina it's nice too but Narciso Rodriguez eau de toillete it's insane, love it :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cristina, thank you for the mentions. I don't recall Emozione at all and haven't tried Li yet (yes, I know, how could I not?) I hear great things about Aqua Divina too so I need to try that out too. But I love Narciso all right!! :)

      Delete
  3. Didn't buy any newcomer this year, but are now so curious about Salome that I emailed Papillon Parfumes when they think they are able to ship to Norway.

    Anyway, I bought Geminesse (Max Factor 1974) early fall and are truly happy about it and receive many compliments when I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very successful purchase!! I think Geminesse is making a come back and I believe we're going to hear more of it in the coming months. ;)
    Hope that PP respond swiftly and smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have yet to answer my letter. Weird, doesn't they want to earn money?

      Delete
    2. Liz answered, very nice girl she is. <3

      Delete
    3. You'd be surprised as to how much some things get missed or how their importance is underestimated. I'd shoot a second query their way.

      Delete
    4. Oops, missed the Liz connection. That's great to hear! Thanks for mentioning it here. :)

      Delete

Type your comment in the box, choose the Profile option you prefer from the drop down menu, below text box (Anonymous is fine too!) and hit Publish.
And you're set!

This Month's Popular Posts on Perfume Shrine