Sunday, April 3, 2011

L'Artisan Parfumeur Fleur d'Oranger 2011: It's Back!


One of the most elusive and revered orange blossom scents is the two-time wonder by L'Artisan Parfumeur called Fleur d'Oranger: the last 2007 edition was a tad different than the original from 2005, but hope died entirely when reserves even of that one dried up. But L'Artisan has had other plans it seems: Fleur d'Oranger (part of the Harvest Series, alongside the spectacular Iris Pallida and the hay-like Fleur de Narcisse) is back in 2011: This time in a normal bottle of 50ml/1.7oz instead of the big ones in the wooden crates like precious millesime wines. Information wants the re-issue a limited edition, although there is no specific mention on the actual bottle to indicate this is so. According to a sampler friend: "The composition is very similar to the previous two, maybe slightly less sweet comparing to the 2007 version". The current edition is much more sanely priced at 75€ .

It remains the subject of hypothesis whether the use of the typical bottle hints at an abandoning of the Harvest Series by the brand entirely. At any rate, the official L'Artisan site doesn't mention the series any more...

thanks to Elysium for bringing it to my attention

11 comments:

  1. Finally! Do you know when and where, this will be available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. It's not showing up on the web site yet. Any idea whether it will be distributed in the U.S.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fleur d'Oranger is available in Paris (boutiques and department stores) but in very small amounts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen,

    it's hot off the sampling block, so I'm not surprised it hasn't been featured yet. It's in rather small distribution in Paris from what I heard from my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twitchly,

    I gather that since they're re-issuing it would be more practical to do so with the scope of a really big market like the American one. Otherwise, what's the point really?
    I expect it might surface at some diustributors but not all (otherwise they're cancelling out their previous editions, making the customers feeling like fools in investing). If I hear more on that front, I will certainly update. :-)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thierry,

    thanks so much for stopping by and for providing the extra info on distribution. Like I said above, I believe they're going to do this a bit wider than that, although it remains to be seen whether it will be a LE after all or not (Will they run out of compound at some point?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit late in responding, but I just wanted to say - Thank You for this very very good news!!

    I really hope it will see slightly wider distribution, and even more-so, I hope it will be as good as the 2005, or at least as good as the 2007 (of which I'm currently hording a large decant).

    I wasn't able to buy either of the previous ones, but as I've mentioned here many times before, orange blossom is so important to me, and these fragrances have actually captured it in a beautiful, realistic way. So I'd love the chance to actually get a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A,

    you're most welcome, I'm thankful to the dear friend who divulged in the first place. It was really good news not to spread around.

    Indeed the Fd'O rendition of both editions was very good, so life-like, so wonderful. I'm saving up on doing a review of another orange blossom shortly, so you're up for some fun!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there any more information about whether L'Artisan plans to make this a regular part of its perfumes? I loved the 2005 version and managed to buy several bottles of the new, limited edition version from Paris. The new one is very similar, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous17:30

    Ρrеtty nice pоst. I just stumbled upon your blog and ωanted to say
    that I haѵe truly enjoyed suгfіng around your blog postѕ.
    Аfter аll I will be ѕubscribing to your fеed and I hope you write agaіn very soоn!
    Here is my website - Curly Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:29

    I am desperately looking for Fleurs d'Oranger l'Artisan. Can anybody tell me where I can buy it?
    Thank you for replying to sbatani@alice.it

    ReplyDelete

Type your comment in the box, choose the Profile option you prefer from the drop down menu, below text box (Anonymous is fine too!) and hit Publish.
And you're set!

This Month's Popular Posts on Perfume Shrine