Tuesday, March 13, 2018

In Memoriam: Hubert de Givenchy 1927-2018

Heaven will be richer with Givenchy joining the ranks and meeting up with his favorite muse Audrey Hepburn...


A true noble man Count Hubert James Marcel Taffin de Givenchy founded The House of Givenchy in 1952 after stints as designer at Jacques Fath, Robert Piguet, and Lucien Lelong. Interestingly enough, the lineage goes back to Italian roots (Venice) but he embodied French chic like very few designers ever have. The perfumes line will be fondly remembered.

Here on PerfumeShrine we have written about Givenchy and reviewed the following fragrances of the line:

Givenchy Ysatis fragrance review and history
Givenchy Le De Givenchy fragrance review and history
 Givenchy Ange our Demon fragrance review
Givenchy Eau de Vetyver: the history of a classic vetiver scent
 Givenchy Amarige: a tuberose of drama

Let's play tribute to the iconic designer. Which Givenchy fragrance is your favorite and why? Please share it in the comments. 

 

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous18:29

    Ysatis; one of the last greats. Chypre, oriental, white flowers, lactonic, honey, animalic. Everything but the kitchen sink. And it works beautifully! For me only vintage!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of Givenchy only (!) as THE couturier par excellence - and I honestly don't know why, since his fragrances have been available in Australia. Since my Guerlain Vetiver is almost finished, I've been prompted to purchase Givenchy's Vetyver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful post and wistful photograph of two of my favorite icons...Audrey Hepburn and Hubert de Givenchy. Sadly the likes of either one of them will never be seen again. L'Interdit was once my signature perfume and I still have three different versions of the EDT but wish I still had some of the original perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous09:10

    Givenchy III, vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. annemariec10:25

    Eau de Givenchy, which I bought in Paris in 1996 and wore constantly for several years. Not unique I suppose, but lovely and chic. And sometimes Ysatis, though I don't think it suits me tremendously well. Nice for a change though. Never been interested in the more recent offerings.

    ReplyDelete

Type your comment in the box, choose the Profile option you prefer from the drop down menu, below text box (Anonymous is fine too!) and hit Publish.
And you're set!

This Month's Popular Posts on Perfume Shrine